When logging on to your computer, your desktop is completely blank, you cannot access any of the Network Drives, and you keep on getting prompted to enter your logon credentials.
This could be caused by a couple of reasons:
- Your account has been locked out
- Your password has expired
- Permissions have been messed up somehow
- Lock your computer, this can be done a couple of ways (Windows + L) (CTRL + ALT + DEL then pressing lock) - When you lock the computer, attempt to log back in, this will inform you if you are indeed locked out. IT can then unlock this by calling the number below.
- To resolve this issue you should first press CTRL + ALT + DEL and then click on change password. You will then be prompted to enter your current password and to then create a new password. Once you have done this, you will need to log off and log back on to your computer. This should have resolved your issue.
- Ring IT on the number below to confirm everything is ok.
If the issue persists please don't hesitate to contact the IT Department on 5434 or firstname.lastname@example.org.